A new series from BBQ Films celebrating cinema, cannabis, and community.
All doors open at 4:20. We’ll have a nostalgic video game arcade, a real green screen photo booth (of course), and plenty of pre-show entertainment including standup comedy, retro cartoons, movie trivia, and specially curated pre-movie music.
Feeling snacky? Buy a Munchie Box beforehand for a great deal ($15), or get one on site ($20) while supplies last! They’re full of themed treats to go with the film. Hungry for more? The CMH kitchen will be serving dishes like grilled cheese, chicken parm bites, and loaded waffle fries. Plus, the bar is open and yes, CBD cocktails are on the menu.
MUST BE 21 OR OLDER (WITH ID) TO ATTEND.
OUTSIDE FOOD AND DRINK NOT PERMITTED.
COSTUMES, COSPLAY, OR COMFY PJS HIGHLY ENCOURAGED.
QUOTE ALONG, SING ALONG, ACT IT OUT—IT’S ALL GOOD.
CHELSEA MUSIC HALL IS A SMOKE-FREE FACILITY.
It’s Sunday and you ain’t got shit to do. Doors open at 4:20. Comedians Chanel Ali and Jim Search will be entertaining us with their genius commentary. Plus, you can jam in the nostalgic arcade, order all the snacks your heart desires, snag a munchie box with sweet swag, make Friday-themed gifs in the Outsnapped photo booth, and quote along with 60 new best friends. Bye, Felicia.
What: GREEN SCREEN: Friday
When: Sunday, Feb. 17. Doors at 4:20pm. Screening at 5:20.
Where: Chelsea Music Hall: 407 W 15th St
WAIT. FOR REAL?
Let’s be blunt. Green Screen is your joint.
Your buds at BBQ Films are launching a brand-new screening series for high-minded cinema fans! Come experience Green Screen—part clubhouse, part variety show, part movie theater—at Chelsea Music Hall Sundays through March 3.
We’ve cultivated the perfect hybrid event to watch your favorite films and TV shows. For four Sundays in a row, we’re rolling all your favorite things into an experiential afternoon designed for premium movie enjoyment. Grab your friends and end the weekend in the right state of mind. Sunday scaries be damned.
GREEN SCREEN FEATURES
- A seated screening of classic movie or TV show
- Fun, interactive storyline inspired by our feature presentation
- Live entertainment with comedy, trivia, actors in character, and more
- Themed photo booth
- Nostalgic video game “arcade”
- Specialty snacks curated around the feature presentation
- Speciality drinks, fun cocktails, and a menu of munchies from Chelsea Music Hall
Three strains of tickets help you customize your visit. Choose from:
BEST BUDS TICKET
Enjoy every interactive element in our Green Screen lair including:
- Seating for the screening and show
- Photo booth
- Retro Arcade
- Option to purchase drinks and food on site (while supplies last)
BEST BUDS + MUNCHIE BOX
Get everything in the Best Buds package PLUS a sweet pre-sale price on our premium adult “happy meal” full of specialty snacks designed to enhance the evening (a $45 value!), including:
- A box of themed snacks to pair with the film (something salty, something sweet)
- A voucher for your choice of hot menu item from the CMH kitchen (like loaded waffle fries or a grilled cheese!)
- PLUS more goodies!
Want the most comfortable experience possible? Get access to everything in the Best Buds + Munchies ticket tier including:
- Munchies Box full of goodies including a food voucher for a the CMH kitchen PLUS
- One drink ticket to use at the bar
- Special reserved seating
- A dedicated server. No need to get up if couchlock sets in.
WANT FIRST DIBS ON TICKETS? SIGN UP FOR OUR MAILING LIST.
Guests celebrated the world of Mr. Nice Guy with guest comedians Mike Brown and Dillon Stevenson—the Super Video Bros on Sunday February 10. They also took home swag from Higher Standards and got gifs from our Outsnapped green screen booth. Abracadabra, B.